Monday, June 9, 2014

Red Rover, Red Rover ... can the remote control come back over?

I multi-task a lot.  No joke.  As I'm writing this I'm watching 'Antiques Roadshow' (hoping that something they appraise on the show is worth $300,000 and I just happen to have one in my house ... I got dreams, people!), looking at Facebook, checking my bank account, and looking for images.

Like this one ...
Remote control = the catalyst for American obesity
Why am I bringing up multi-tasking and show an image of a remote control?  Because I'm here to help you, dummy.

I was watching TV, cleaning my bathroom, picking up my bedroom and running through my head the thousands of things I should be doing so I could win "multi-tasking queen of the year".  There is an award for that, right?  NO?!  At least a sash, right?

Sigh.

Anyhoo, during my marathon of multi-tasking I picked up my TV remote.  The remote belongs to a TV that I bought not too long ago.  A TV that I don't know how to turn off without the remote.  And during the multi-tasking I misplaced the remote.

I. MISPLACED. THE. REMOTE.

Did I mention I was watching TV while multi-tasking?  A TV that I don't know how to turn off without the remote.  And, no, I'm not going to unplug it from the wall because I was raised in a trailer park ... not in a zoo.  Don't be weird when you think you can just unplug stuff from the wall and not suffer the consequences.

So I spewed some colorful language.  Then I started to retrace my steps.  But since I'm getting older I couldn't remember all the steps.  It was like a 'Dancing With the Stars' episode but I wasn't wearing Spanx.  However, I was a hot mess.

After 5 minutes of searching for the remote I finally stumbled upon it in my closet.  I felt like I had won Easter and 'Where's Waldo?' by finding that damned remote.  And the first thing I did was turn off the TV.  The second thing I did was place the remote back on the nightstand.

You would think I had learned my lesson about multi-tasking but I was too busy thinking about the next thousand things to accomplish on my to do list.

No comments: