Saturday, March 22, 2014

Compliments = Awkward

I had a co-worker compliment me yesterday saying "purple looks good on you".  My response was "Thank you! That's so nice of you to say."

Kidding.  I'm not normal enough to accept compliments.  But I'm working on it.

Instead, my response was "Are you coming on to me?"  I should point out that the co-worker is female, married and a lovely person.  And didn't deserve my awkwardness.

BUT I CAN'T STOP!

Like the time the CEO of a company saw me scratching lottery tickets.  I asked "So, about that raise?"  If you ever want to stump a CEO (who is not in your company) ask him about raises while trying to win big money.

Or the time I lost track of what I was trying to say during a presentation and did the robot.  I wish I was kidding about that one.

1 comment:

Ashley Griffith said...

You are so awkward..and I have facial diarrhea....Miss you!