Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tit for Tat Cat

Yesterday I raked, shoveled, watered, and planted my way into spring.  My front yard is starting to become more presentable and the backyard garden is taking shape.  There was a lot of sweat and a lot of dirt.  A lot of sun and a lot of fresh air.

Yesterday was lovely.
Not my backyard but maybe one of these days. Source
After I got everything planted and picked up I thought I'd let the cat out in the backyard to stretch his legs and explore the fenced in yard.  He's a house cat.  Most of the time he prefers to lay on his bed and look outside ... not actually be part of outside.  However, yesterday he wanted to explore so I let him.

As he snooped around the yard and sniffed everything I watched him.  I was content.  It was a beautiful day.  The plants were happy.  The cat was happy.  I was happy.  And then it happened.
Not my cat but close enough. Source
Attila the Cat rolled in the dirt.  DAMN IT!

I gathered him up, went inside and gave him a bath.  Come to find out, Attila hates baths.  He acts as if the tub is filled with lava and he is burning.  He was PISSED.
Again, not my cat. This cat isn't nearly as pissed as Attila was. Source
I let him dry out a bit in the guest bathroom while I did other things around the house.  Instead of drying out he moped, cried and tried to open the door to freedom.  After 20 minutes I let him out so he could mope in the living room on his mat.  He still wanted to sit on my lap and he craved my attention but he was torn because he knows I just gave him a lava bath.

I left to go out with friends last night and when I returned he was dry and a happy fella again.  Good enough. I went to bed and Attila soon found his way next to me and fell asleep.

THEN ...

3:21 a.m. hair ball.  On my bed.  DAMN IT!

Touché, cat.  Well played.

4 comments:

Shannah said...

The best revenge is when you least expect it.

John said...

Revenge is best served cold... and wet, and slimy.

Julie said...

If I ever turn up dead and it looks like an accident question the cat. He's shady.

Hal's Outs said...

Oh, our pets! Jimmy, I have now named "Center of my Universe", agrees with Atillla..."my dad is trying to kill me by bathing me! Screaming as if to say "save me someone!"