Monday, March 25, 2013

Quick Dish: Seafood Soup

I blogged earlier about the Asian market in my town.  During that visit I picked up some packets for a Korean hot pot.
Traditional Korean hot pot. Source
I do not own a Korean hot pot.  But I make do with what I got.  One of the packets I bought was a seafood soup base.  I like soup and I like seafood.  Win-win in my book.
English instructions are on the back.
I improvised the hot pot by using my Le Creuset soup pot.  I think it worked just fine.
This contains frozen seafood ... imitation crab, shrimp, muscles, squid, oysters and octopus.
Ingredients:

  • 6 cups of water
  • Soup Base for Seafood Hot Pot packet
  • 1/2 cup of sliced onion
  • 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
  • 1 frozen packet of seafood marina mix
Combine the first four ingredients and bring to a boil.  Add the seafood marina mix, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
It is really that simple and very tasty.  It was great on a cold spring evening.  It has a great seafood flavor and the right amount of spice to it.  I paired my soup with a green tea that I infused with strawberries.
Light but exotic dinner.

No comments: