Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ivory Soap Cloud

I have seen the Ivory soap cloud pin on Pinterest way too many times to not try it.  They say it is a fun experiment for kids.  Well, you know what?!  It is a fun experiment for adults, too!  Especially an adult who needs to clean her microwave.

Here is the before shot.

The instructions I saw said to water the bar then place it in the microwave for two minutes.  I took a video of the action but it didn't turn out very well.  Plus, I couldn't Photoshop the dirty microwave in the video.  So, the video got trashed.

The opening of the microwave.
The cloud will deflate some as the cooler air hits it.
Yes, I did Photoshop the above picture.  No Southern Lady would ever be caught with a dirty microwave.  And since I was going to clean my microwave after the experiment I needed to get rid of the pre-cleaned microwave evidence.  Photoshop works miracles when creating a picture perfect life of Southern living.

The after shot.
The soap turned out quite airy and flaky but it was REALLY cool to do.  My microwave was cleaned shortly after this experiment so it was a productive experiment!

No comments: