Friday, January 25, 2013

Battle of the Guest Bedroom

There is one place in my house the cat is not allowed to go and that is the guest bedroom.  I do it as a courtesy to house guests and there is really nothing in there for the cat except another place to sleep.  I usually keep the door closed so he doesn't feel tempted to go exploring.  The "out of sight, out of mind" things works wonders with him.

However, earlier this week I opened up the windows in my house to let in the cool breeze and freshen up the place.  This also meant leaving the forbidden guest bedroom door open.  Since my home office desk faces the hallway I figured I could steer a curious cat away from Switzerland (aka cat free zone).

And I did a good job of it.  He sat at the guest bedroom's doorway.  Patiently waiting for me to look away.  However, I knew what his game plan was.
This was before our staring competition.
Cat: As soon as she looks away ... I'm making a run for it.  I'm going to explore the hell out of that room!
Me: I don't think so fat cat. (Staring him down.)

He finally walked away from the doorway.  And I thought it gave me ample time to run to the powder room (ladylike, aren't I?).  As soon as I had shut the door I could hear him make a break for it to the guest bedroom.

Sneaky little cat!  He's more clever than I thought.

No comments: