Monday, November 12, 2012

Shout Out: Innovative Auto Works

I love Nellie Mae.  I even declared it on here.  Therefore, when I knew I was renting a car to drive to San Antonio this past weekend I put Nellie Mae in the shop.  I hadn't had her tuned up in a few years (shame on me) and she was in need of an oil change as well as some tender loving care under her hood that I cannot do.

At the recommendation of my good friend S of the Hayley Daily I took my beloved Nellie Mae to Innovative Auto Works in Plano, Texas.  S had raved at how well the shop had taken care of her family's vehicles over the years and I was in need of a new mechanic in my neck o' the woods.  However, I had a schedule snafu that required me to drop off my SUV and pick up my rental car at the same time.  Last time I checked, I can't be in two places at once.

I called the shop and scheduled a drop off time, some of the things I needed them to look at on Nellie Mae and told them about my teleportation problem.  They said we could work something out when I dropped off my vehicle.

Sure enough, they were great!  They dropped me off at the rental car place and also picked me up at the end of the week.  They were able to call me within 24 hours of dropping off Nellie Mae to say what they had found and offered me a menu list of what could be fixed (listed by priority).  True to their word, she received a great tune up!  They were also amazed at the excellent condition she was in given that Nellie Mae is inching closer to 200,000 miles.

If you are in the market for a new mechanic I would highly recommend Innovative Auto Works.  Professional staff, amazing customer service, and great work ... I'm happy to have Nellie Mae in their hands when needed.

No comments: