Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I am the Matrix

My day job is pretty cool.  I work for a software company and oversee the marketing and communications for it.  We are very much a start up company (within a larger, well established company) and each team member specializes in what they do.  Everyone also works a lot of hours. 

And I mean A LOT OF HOURS!

I've been busy getting the new website ready to go live.  For six months!  I've been working on this website concept for SIX MONTHS!  My day job has turned into my night, weekend and holiday job, too.  I'm not complaining because I honestly love what I do.  Keep in mind that I don't only do websites.  I also am in charge of graphics, writing, social media, market trends, industry awareness, collateral, international marketing material, database integration, presentations, and whatever else I'm forgetting.  And the variety of what I do is what keeps me going.

However, doing website coding for six months will cause a person to start seeing the world in a different light.  Driving to work the other morning I noticed how I was no longer looking at lanes of highways but coding for a table layout.  The color red had turned into "#E10D4D".  Answering a co-worker's question was framed in coding for a submit function.

I have gone nuts.

My saving grace is that the website is almost done.  I'm not sure when I swallowed the red pill or when Samuel L. Jackson showed up but I'm ready for this project to be done. 

However, if I start seeing snakes on planes then I'm committing myself to the loony bin.

No comments: