Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Too Old for This

This past weekend I shared in the celebration of a friend's birthday.  And in "shared" I mean "tried to kill a couple of teenagers with dodgeballs".  It was glorious.

We went to Jumpstreet, an indoor trampoline park, and it includes trampoline dodgeball.  TRAMPOLINE! DODGEBALL! 
Reenactment
I won't bore you with the details of how awesome it is but I will say this ... I'M WAY TOO OLD FOR IT!  The kids that myself and my grown up friends were playing against were old enough to be our children.  Don't get me wrong; the kids were fun and good sports.  However, I didn't realize I was too old for the game until the day after the day after.  That's right.  I went Saturday and felt fine Sunday.  Because my body was numb.  Waking up Monday was horrendous.  And the worst part?  Sitting at a desk, working on spreadsheets and presentations, and then trying to stand.

I'm surprised I can even type.  It also didn't help that I did a killer spin class Saturday morning and an upper body workout Sunday afternoon.  An easy lift chair would be ideal right now.

I would say I learned my lesson but we all know I didn't.  I can't wait to get back in the cage of dodgeball greatness and make some kid cry.  And by "some kid" I mean "me".

No comments: