Friday, August 3, 2012

Lunch Meat Fiasco

At the grocery store the other day I was minding my own business in the lunch meat aisle.  Nothing exciting happens in the lunch meat aisle.

Until I saw a lady taking a VERY long time to pick out a package of lunch meat.  And then I saw her EAT LUNCH MEAT!  She was opening the package, taking out a slice, and popping it in her mouth.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

So I stood there giving her the evil eye.  I was a bit shocked.  A bit grossed out, too.  And I just thought, "Open one more package and I'm going to call the cops."  Because, seriously, she was stealing and I didn't think grocery store management had the guts to take down a ruthless lunch-meat-eating-monster.

I ended up standing there for a very long time staring at her as she looked at EVERY.  SINGLE.  PACKAGE OF LUNCH MEAT.  So I decided to take matters into my own hands and decided to do a drive by glaring.  (Which is very effective in the grocery store.)  As I got closer I had the chance to peak into this uncivilized woman's grocery cart.  And you know what I found?!

A package of lunch meat that was sliced by the deli counter.  Turns out, the lady was finishing her free sample of lunch meat that the counter gave her when I initially spotted her.

I'm guessing she just really likes lunch meat.

No comments: