Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quick Dish: Beer Chili

Hey, Ya'll!  I'm a Texas gal and I make Beer Chili.

Technically, it is not chili because I add beans to it.  However, it is a filling dish and quite tasty.  To save time, I throw everything in the slow cooker.
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of ground turkey, browned
  • 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1 can of kidney beans, drained
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
  • 1 can of diced tamotoes, drained
  • 3 carrots, cut
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 packet of chili seasoning mix
  • 1 bottle of beer (whatever you have on hand).  If you would drink the beer with the chili then use it in the dish. 
Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours.  Or set on high and cook for 2 hours.  I prefer the low setting as it seems to let the flavors mingle and then allows for a party to happen in your mouth.

Delicious dish, pairs nicely with beer, and plenty to last for a week.  Can't go wrong.

No comments: