Thursday, March 22, 2012

Don't Open the Door!

I'm not a fan of horror movies.  My idea of a horror movie is Jurassic Park.  However, I do know that the person who thinks nothing bad is behind the door and then opens it will die.  Every time.

Idiot.

However, in real life, door opening leads to new adventures and opportunities.  Last Friday I was swiftly told that my job was eliminated.  End of the world, right?  Nope.  The world is still here and things are pretty good.

I am grateful that I started to do financial planning the right way (thanks to Dave Ramsey) a year ago.  It is making my unemployment not so worrisome.  I am grateful for an amazing family and wonderful friends who support me on a daily basis.  Their love and encouragement is incredibly uplifting.  I am grateful for the hard work that I have done for every job I have ever had.  It is putting me in a great position for a new job.

I am filling my unemployed days with house cleaning, reading books, organizing my house, working out, taking walks, pampering myself with pedicures, random naps, attending industry meetings, going to Vegas, going to east Texas, garage sale shopping, estate sale shopping, swimming, spontaneous dance parties in my kitchen, and cocktails whenever I please.

I am fortunate because my unemployment is short.  Even though my position was eliminated on Friday, by Monday morning I received a job offer from an ideal company for an ideal position.  I'm excited about this new opportunity and new adventure.  When you think one door has closed there is another one that can be opened.  I cannot stop counting my blessings.

For instance, I'm thankful that we live in a reality with highs and lows.  And not in horror movies with knives, ski masks, and velociraptors.

4 comments:

Cathy H said...

Oooooh. Velociraptors.

Shannah said...

{Breaking out my Ethel Merman voice}

EV-ERY-THINGS-COM-IN-UP-ROOOO-SES!!!!

ednamonterrosa said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry?

Julie said...

C - I HATE DINOSAURS!

S - I actually created a dance routine to the Carpenters "On Top of the World". It ain't pretty but, dang it, I love it.

E - No feelings of sorrow to be had. Everything happens for a reason and life continues to move on.