Monday, January 2, 2012

Staycation Gone Awry

I took the week off during Christmas and New Year's.  I figured I would get in some much needed rest and relaxation.  Clean my house from top to bottom so I could start 2012 off with a clean slate.  Maybe even do some cooking so I could have frozen meals ready to grab and rush out the door once I go back to work.

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.  UGH!

Instead, I got addicted to Pinterest.  And I don't use "addicted" like I got addicted to cigarettes.  I mean "addicted" like I dream about Pinterest an ungodly amount.  I have started two projects that I saw from the site.  (I'll post about them later once I finish.)  One is almost finished and required a lot of power tools and math (thanks to Dad for letting me borrow his tools and for teaching me at a young age the basics of carpentry).  The other is surprisingly soothing to do but time consuming.

I also enjoyed going to the gym during my staycation.  However, if you combine the Pinterest viewing, the working out, the carpentry, and other holiday festivities my staycation was pretty exhausting. 

I'm actually afraid to stay home any longer.  While I'm sad to see the staycation come to an end I'm thankful to hopefully getting some rest at the office.  *Fingers crossed.*

1 comment:

Shannah said...

I should say I'm sorry. But I'm not. :)

Can't wait to see the finished project!!