Sunday, January 1, 2012

The End of the World As We Know It

This past year's theme seems to be "awkward".  From the economy having its ups and downs (affects jobs), natural disasters (affects the environment), divorces (affects relationships), deaths (affects life), hardships (affects clarity), etc. it felt like finding stability in an unstable world should involve super human powers.  Saying goodbye to 2011 is equal to that last day of middle school; you know you have survived something that has made you a better person and that knowledge makes going to high school not so bad.  Therefore, if I survived 2011 then 2012 will hopefully be a breath of fresh air.

Or at least the air won't be so stagnant.

I don't make resolutions.  Each time I have done so it is a constant internal struggle to see how long it is until I call it quits.  However, I am taking a more serious look at my goals.  If I can do business planning for others then I should be able to set goals for myself and build a road map to achieve them.  As with all road maps, detours happen and they make the trip that much more adventurous.  Plus, some goals take a considerable amount of time to accomplish where resolutions have a one-year deadline.  I'll take well thought out goals instead of hastened resolutions any day.

Even if 2012 is the end of the world as we know it (thanks to the Mayan calendar system) I will still feel fine (thanks to REM).

No comments: