Monday, October 17, 2011

What Would Conan Do?

I’m a huge fan of Conan O’Brien.  He wrote one of the best episodes of “The Simpsons” ever (‘Marge vs. the Monorail’) and can make people laugh with a single look.  His comedy mixes a clever use of one-liners, silent treatments, and lanky dancing that only he can do.

I recently watched the documentary about his life between “The Tonight Show” and “Conan”.  He did a comedy tour: The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour.  While the documentary does show clips from his tour it actually shows a side of Conan that is not often seen.  He likes to have fun, cares about his employees and fans, and is passionate about what he does. 
So it got me thinking, “What would companies be like if our bosses were like Conan?”  If corporate CEOs put their employees and clients before themselves I’m pretty sure our country’s rebound from the recession would be going better.  If our leaders cracked a joke or thoroughly enjoyed going to the office maybe employee retention would skyrocket.  If everyone at our companies were passionate about what they did maybe productivity would be the envy of other countries.

Not only am I fan but I’m also a believer.  Team CoCo all the way!

1 comment:

Gator said...

Sing it sister. But let's make up a new nickname for poor Conan, shall we?

I can't get behind Team Coco.

Now, now, don't get me wrong. I think Conan is the Bee's Knees. The tits, if you will however, Team Coco sounds like we are celebrating coconuts... Or chocolate... Or a little tee-tiny grandma. Team Red Rooster or Team Funny Fella seems a bit less effeminate and a much more appropriate descriptor. Let's do this!