Saturday, September 24, 2011

Part 1: Lousy Larry

I worked with a certain individual in a former life who is ... unique.  That is the nicest way to put it.  In order to protect the innocent (me) I have named him Lousy Larry.  I have a treasure trove of wonderful stories of how Lousy Larry drove me insane.  This is the first one.

Lousy Larry: You know the project manager for that project is a woman.  And she's asking a lot of questions that project managers should know. 

Me:  Maybe she wants to clarify the information that is being passed around.  You know, get everyone on the same page.

Lousy Larry: (ignoring my comment) It is kind of embarrassing that she is asking all of those questions.  She is not giving female architects a good name.

Me:  That's like saying you are the prime example of the male species and, therefore, all men are idiots.

Lousy Larry stared at me in disbelief that I would talk back to a man and then promptly stormed out of my office.

Julie: 1
Lousy Larry: 0

No comments: