Friday, September 2, 2011

Healthy Dose of Giggles

Have you ever said things just to get a reaction?  I sure have.  It is so much fun!

I like to say things that people only think.  For example, when I’m at a work networking event I will introduce myself to a stranger by saying “Hi, I’m Julie.  I’m kind of a big deal.”  If they laugh then I know I can keep talking to them.  If not, then I move on to the next person.

Last week one of my co-workers was worked up over some project details.  Another co-worker told him to “leave it alone” because those details would work themselves out without interference from our company’s end.  The conversation stopped.  I butted in and yelled, “Stop messing with it!  You’ll go blind!”  Lots of giggling ensued.

The other day I was at the bank with two other folks from a professional organization I’m a part of to switch some contact information over on a business account.  The bank representative was trying to make small talk and asked our group how our organization made money.  My answer … “embezzlement”.  I was bored.  And the bank representative’s face was priceless.  (Keep in mind that we were joking around with him the entire time.  Don’t try this in the first few sentences with a bank representative.  The other two people were honest with him.  We are in the clear.)

Life is too short not to make fun of it.  I need a healthy dose of giggling on a daily basis just to remind myself that the best things in life are hilarious.

No comments: