Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dumpy Day Fix

Have you ever had one of those days where it feels like nothing is ever going to go right?  My dear and wonderful boyfriend is having a week full of those days.  Poor fella.  However, he still looks very attractive throughout the entire process.  That may not make his week better but at least I have something yummy to look at.  (If you read this, dear boyfriend, I think you are dreamy.)

Not to make light of his down-in-the-dumps week but we have all been there.  I once had a stint of a few months that really sucked.  During those times I am reminded of "Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb".  In one of the final scenes, Major Kong rides the bomb all the way to explosion by riding the device as a cowboy (hat waving while whoopin' and hollerin').
In case you are wondering, it would be totally awesome to have that kind of freedom and carefree way when a down-in-the-dumps kind of day hits.  However, I do not condone or support nuclear weapons.

4 comments:

Gator said...

I think I speak for all of your loyal readers when I say it's really great to hear that you're NOT a big fan of the nukes. And that you're a positive gal. But mostly it's great to hear that your boyfriend is dreamy! (Pictures? Lets work on that ;)

Now then... How do you feel about firebombs? The theoretical kind, of course.

That has become my new single most favorite phrase... As in, "Today I sped passed a normal anger response and went straight to the firebombing stage."

Also, "Can you imagine how the world would differ if John McCain had been elected as our President? Bad day at the office and China gets firebombed."

And then, most recently at the American Airlines counter in the lovely land of Costa Rica (inside my head as not to get tackled and or detained), "I would like to firebomb all of these ass holes."

Peace. Love and Firebombs, homie.

Cathy_H said...

And no cowboys were harmed during the making of this post.

Gator said...

...Or better yet... *sped past!

Much mo betta.

Julie said...

I might have to try the "firebomb". I like it!

While I will would probably be committed, it would relieve so much stress if I could sit on a nuclear weapon in my backyard and yell "Miss with me now! See who gets the last laugh!" And probably throw in a "FIREBOMB!" rant somewhere. Just thinking about it makes my jaw unclinch and shoulders relax.