Saturday, August 13, 2011

It Begins

I previously posted about my juicing adventures.  However, those were only experiments and curiosity.  Now, I'm jumping in with both feet.  Along with the boyfriend.

Today begins the first day of our 7 day juicing diet.  We will only be juicing vegetables and fruits in hopes of ridding our bodies of processed foods and toxin buildup.  We were encouraged to do this after watching 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead'.  The end result should be more energy, a revamped metabolism, and better food choices.

The boyfriend does have the upper hand in this situation since he works from home.  It is easier to follow the juicing regiment if you are near your juicer but my plan is to freeze some of the juice so I can have it ready for lunch at the office.  The co-workers have been warned and they are prepared to stir clear of my hunger-induced rage.

I'm excited about only going to the produce section of the grocery store and not having to worry about cooking over a stove during the week.  I'm not excited about facing my lack of willpower.  The boyfriend has his work cut out for him in being my sponsor (in AA terms).

So, this week of postings will be dedicated to my juicing diet, the anxieties that come with doing the right thing (juicing kale) when I REALLY want to do the wrong thing (McDonald's at 2am), recipes that stole the show and recipes that will never be heard from again, and how my body reacts to being super healthy for the first time since 1985.  I apologize now for staring longingily at your dinners and cursing the Frito Lay truck. 

But this is only for 7 days ... today is day 1.  Six more to go.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Cathy_H said...

Julie cool! I can't wait to see how it goes.