Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Inappropriate Salad

Honesty is key.  While the boyfriend and I are in the process of our juicing diet we did agree to one thing that is not part of the regimented program.  We agreed that if you can juice it then you can eat it raw.  Meaning that if I can’t stand another green juice then I can eat uncooked fruits and vegetables.  It helps because I can snack on tomatoes, carrots, celery, blueberries, etc. throughout the day and never feel deprived.  Plus, it is easier for me to bring unjuiced fruits and vegetables to the office instead of a bag gallon of green juice.

Yesterday’s lunch in the office consisted of spinach leaves, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, and half an avocado.  I made a dressing that involved juice from a quarter of a lemon, 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, and some spices (I used my spice mixture from Paris).  I don’t want to toot my own horn but … WAIT!  Yes, I do!
The salad with my homemade dressing is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  This might be my go to office lunch even after the juicing diet is finished.  Next dinner party, I’m making this salad.  Actually, as soon as I get home I’m going to make the salad again and go eat it in my closet.  I want to be alone with this salad so I can relive the first bite.  My infatuation with this salad is highly inappropriate.  You should try it.

Four days left.

1 comment:

Gator said...

I'm delirious... Or maybe I'm hallucinating from the weird combo of shite I just ate for dinner... Any who. I totally thought you were about to go down the "Boyfriend and I promised not to talk about our juice poops" road... Alas, I was mistaken. Largely. But I am fascinated. Liquid IN, Liquid OUT? Are you so hungry that you're ready to eat baby bunnies or something even cuter than that? EW. Sorry. That's awful. I may have just discovered how to quit eating all together. (That image is almost as bad as death by sticky trap ;) Good luck on your four days friend! I am so proud/ envious of your willpower. In four short days you will be more svelt and pooping normal again. I, on the other hand, hope to be shit-faced in Costa Rica! Similar, but largely different. XO