Thursday, July 7, 2011

Two Left Feet Will Jump

If my friends jumped off a bridge I will be the person yelling “WOOHOO!  Look at me and say ‘CHEESE!’”  I’m all for people doing crazy and stupid stuff as long as I can sit on the sidelines and watch.
However, those days are over.  I have leapt off the edge.  I am a girl who has gone wild (clothes still on) and lived to tell the tale.  Specifically, I have Zumba’d. 

Zumba is an aerobic dance craze that requires no coordination.  The music is lively and the instructor lets some of the students showcase unique dance moves for the class to learn.  There is a mix of ballroom, salsa, mambo, and all sorts of Indian dances.  The attendees are just as diverse … young, old, curvy, thin, and a multitude of races.

I dived into a Zumba class last night in hopes that it would loosen some muscles from a previous aerobic class.  It loosened the muscles all right.  However, new ones are starting to get sore.  I poured sweat during the class but never noticed until a river of sweat hit my eye.  I didn’t even notice the new muscles getting a workout because I was having too much fun laughing at my uncoordinated self.

No comments: