Friday, July 8, 2011

Music Soothes the Mind and Gives it Rest

After not getting much sleep the other night it caused me to not have a good morning (or rest of the day).  To say the least, I was on edge. 

I listen to music while I’m at the office.  I pop in my ear buds and the music allows me to focus on the tasks at hand.  When I win my Nobel Peace Prize I will be thanking Pandora for getting me through these endless days of working at my computer and blocking out the world’s chatter. 

One of my favorite Pandora stations is ‘solo piano radio’.  I have numerous years of classical piano training and listening to piano music tends to soothe the voice in my head that wants to scream out “YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF MORONS!”  I listen to this station at home, the office, and on my walks around the neighborhood.  This station saves my sanity.  Music and I have a special bond and I find that classical piano music deepens that connection.
On the day that was on edge ... the day that I wanted to throw in the towel ... the day that I wanted to scream “MOMMA NEEDS A NEW PAIR OF SHOES!” then walk out and never return.  (By the way, that would be an awesome way to leave a party.)  A song came on the ‘solo piano radio’ Pandora station that renewed my yearning to snatch up the Nobel Peace Prize and simmer my boiling pot of emotions.  That song was ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ by Scott D. Davis (on Rockfluence).  Imagine the legendary Kurt Cobain song being played by a piano on a station that also plays Rondo For Piano No. 1 in D Major, Mozart’s greatest hits, and Escenas Rom√°nticas.

Yep, it turned out to be a GREAT day.

No comments: