- carrots - A bit earthy in flavor but sweet. Not too bad if you add ice. Or vodka.
- blueberries - Requires an entire carton to make enough juice for two people. The juice seems to be pretty diluted compared to eating the whole blueberry. Would be great to add to a sorbet recipe. Or make a martini out of it.
- beets - The juice is VERY earthy and I highly suggest adding fresh lemon juice to the beet juice. The lemon juice brings out the sweetness of the beets. I'm determined to put the mixture in a margarita.
- cantaloupe - Taste like pumpkin. I bet it would be great with a Thanksgiving meal. Or with rum.
- apples - Pretty tasty because of the sweetness. I'm almost certain the crew of 'Little House on the Prairie' drank this stuff. Would make a killer appletini.
- grapefruit - Super yum! Fresh grapefruit juice taste like the stuff with the preservatives. Mix with some triple sec and add ice ... love.
- peaches - Taste great but would prefer to eat the peach instead of juice it. However, add champagne and I'd change my tune.
Monday, July 25, 2011
The boyfriend and I have experimented with juicing. Specifically, juicing fruits and vegetables. This is what happens when you watch too many documentaries about preservatives in our food. I am slowly turning into a hippie.