Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fool me once, Tivo!

While I don't watch a lot of television I do watch a lot of Tivo when I do sit down in front of the boob tube.  (HAHAHA ... boob.)  And I watch the same 'The Simpsons' episodes repeatedly.  I know I have a problem but this post is not about that.

It is about Tivo.  And how it falsely raises my hopes.
Let me set the scene for you: currently, Texas is in the middle of hell on Earth.  The news people say it is a drought and we are approaching the 20ish-something day of 100+ degree temperatures.  Not really sure why we need meteorologists because I can tell you what they are going to say.

"Viewing audience, as you can see on the map, we have no rain in sight.  However, we do have tumbleweeds the size of Volvos and local pool temperatures feel the same as human spit.  On the plus side, I work in an air conditioned studio!"

So, when I was watching a Simpsons rerun and forgot to fast-forward through the commercials the meteorologist popped up on the screen with "breaking news".  A green and red blob (also known as rain and thunderstorms for those of you who are not familiar with weather maps) was headed for the Dallas area. 

HOORAY!  WE ARE GOING TO GET RAIN!  MY PLANTS WILL NO LONGER PANT FOR WATER!

Then I realized it was a rerun from May.  Crap.  The really sad part ... I did the same thing two nights before.

No comments: