Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reading Agenda

I just finished Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace".  I'm very excited to be on this journey to financial freedom and can't wait to see how basic financial principles will play out in my life.  The whole idea is to not be in debt and not living on credit.  Just like grandma and grandpa!

So, I finished a financial planning book.  Kudos to me, right?  Right.  Since I'm a bookaholic I had to immediately pick up the next book I had simultaneously checked out from the library (financial planning tip #1: be frugal).  Let me point out that I got rid of several cable channels and only have the basic stations.  Therefore, reading books is my form of entertainment.  Just like grandma and grandpa!

Next on my list of items to read: Celia Rivenbark's "We're Just Like You, Only Prettier" and "You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning".  Kind of a gigantic leap from financial planning to smack talking like a Southern lady but, again, this is my entertainment.  I can't wait to discover how Southerners are better than everyone else in a redneck, white trash sort of way.

2 comments:

Gator said...

Oh, Dave Ramsey... Great guy 'cept he's the only thing
standing between me and a new Camaro... AND that 6 figure student loan debt ;) Let me know how you like Celia's books! We too only have basic cable so I feel your pain. But think of how many braincells we're saving by not subjecting them to all that Godawful reality TV! The best books I've read this year are 'The Art of Racing In the Rain,' 'The Help' and Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. Happy Reading!!

Julie said...

There are some evenings that I don't even turn on the TV. Kind of weird to know that my grown-up self wants more to life than Kardashian fodder and Real Housewives of Non-Yo'-Business. Next thing you know I'll be reading the Wall Street Journal without needing a nap.