Friday, June 17, 2011

Lobotomies Are Not That Technical

I have come to realize that I know a lot of information.  Not all of it is useful.  Most of it will not let me win Jeopardy.  Majority of it is not even useful to my career other than for the pure entertainment value. 

However, random facts are fun.  I know that lobotomies are not that technical and what the perceived goal is for the procedure.  I can tell the difference between roach poop and mice poop based on the differences in anatomies.  I understand the chemical reaction of making bread.  I scientifically know why the sky is blue.  I know how meth breaks down the jaw bone creating "meth mouth".  I can visualize the particles of solar panels creating energy.  I know why cows do not run long distances. 

Are any of these facts going to win me a medal?  I really hope not.  That would be weird because all I'm doing is repeating what people have known about for a very long time.

However, if you are playing against me in a game of Trivial Pursuit be prepared to get clobbered!  Unless you have the original version of the game and keep asking me geographic questions about Canada.  Honestly, who cares who the Prime Minister was in 1924?!

1 comment:

Strawberry said...

I would say that the spirit world probably cared about the PM of 1924. Among his buddies beyond the grave, he "communicated" with his deceased dogs, all named Pat except for one who was named Bob. That dude was different!!!! (Lyon Mackenzie King, that is, not Bob.)