Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I grew up watching "Bedknobs and Broomsticks".  Angela Lansbury flying around on a broom made witches cool.  Even when she conjured up the army to save Britain I knew there was something more to witches than black cats and green faces.  Heck, witches were patriotic!
So, while I was in Paris I took the Eurostar to London for the day.  I have wonderful friends who live in London, I watch BBC shows, and pay attention to world news.  I knew what to expect in London.  BUT ... I wanted Angela Lansbury to be flying around on her broom anyway.
I was disappointed.  No Angela, no David Tomlinson, no flying bed, no magical army battling off the Nazis.  I love London and I hope to go back for a much longer visit next time.  Until then, my next vacation might be to the Island of Naboombu.

No comments: