Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quick Dish: Paper Salmon

This dish is elegant but simple to make.  I had some leftover wild caught salmon in my freezer (used half of it for a previous dinner) and found this recipe on one of my favorite sites.  Plus, I had all of the ingredients on hand and that meant paying absolutely nothing for a great dinner.  And when you cook at home that means you get to sit Indian style on the chair with no makeup applied in a t-shirt and shorts that are quite wrinkled (I try not to do that when I go to a restaurant).

Place a quarter cup of frozen peas in the middle of a piece of parchment paper (paper must be large enough to wrap the fish in) and lay the salmon on top of it.  Drizzle a teaspoon of really good olive oil on the fish, spread a clove of chopped garlic on the filet, sprinkle your favorite spices on top of that (I used some spices from Paris), add a splash of fresh lemon juice to the mix, and top it off with a good pinch of sea salt.


Wrap the fish in the parchment paper (some people may want to wrap it again in foil to secure the pouch) and place on a foil covered cookie sheet.  Put the cookie sheet in an oven set at 500 degrees for 5 minutes and then turn down the oven to 350 degrees.  Remove the fish after baking for 12 minutes at 350. 


You can either serve the fish in the pouch or place the fish and peas directly on dinner plates.  I served the fish with Parmesan couscous mixed with edamames.  Delicious and light … a great summer dinner.

2 comments:

jacobhuval said...

I will never understand the discipline of people that take a picture of a finished meal before actually eating it.

Julie said...

Jacob, My camera has a quick shutter. It didn't go uneaten for very long.