Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick Dish: Pineapple X-Press

I love spending my Sundays grilling in my backyard.  And I also love to experiment with food combinations.  I can't call them recipes because nothing is written down and no measurements are taken.  However, they can be duplicated.  There's something about cooking food without a cookbook that makes me feel partly creative and partly like a mad scientist.

Here's my food combo for the Pineapple X-Press ...

Peel and slice a fresh pineapple into 1-inch thick rounds.


Next, press light brown sugar (about 1 teaspoon per slice) into the pineapple slices.  The juice from the pineapple will turn the brown sugar into a syrup.

Place the pineapple on a hot grill and let the brown sugar carmelize both sides.

After removing the pineapple, add a pinch of sea of salt to the warm fruit. 

WARNING: If you serve Pineapple X-Press with vanilla ice cream you might enter a third dimension of AWESOME!

No comments: